Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Water dripping from transmisson area???

Old 10-14-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water dripping from transmisson area???

So after a battle of having some what seems to be spark plug/wire issues my transmission (automatic) seems to dripping water after i've stopped. I should be more clear, after i've stopped the jeep, and came back to it after a minute i notice a puddle of water under the transmission and a less than steady drip of water continuing. Any thoughts as to where to look from here?! starting to become uneasy about this jeep; my other '07 was bulletproof.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you have your air conditioning on
Old 10-14-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Is it water or anti-freeze?

Water = condensation drain from the A/C air box.

Anti-freeze = coolant leak at the back of the engine or from the heater hoses.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

no a/c has been on, its definitely water or some large amount on condensation (its both clear, and tastes like water). It has been raining in the area the past couple days, but not today, and that's when i've noticed it.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by UofOmoose
no a/c has been on, its definitely water or some large amount on condensation (its both clear, and tastes like water). It has been raining in the area the past couple days, but not today, and that's when i've noticed it.
Did you have the vent controls set to one of the windshield positions? That would make the A/C come on to dry the air that blows onto the windshield. The A/C indicator light will remain off if you have not selected A/C.
The water that was removed from the air will drip from the drain hose, which comes through the firewall, over the bell housing.
The following users liked this post:
Olie_Guacamolie (01-14-2021)
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

interesting... i may have had defrost on, or floor/defrost mix. never knew that a/c came on automatically for those settings.. Well, i will test with knowing that and see what results. thanks!

Quick Reply: Water dripping from transmisson area???