Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Water in Dash and No Heat on Drivers Side

Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in Dash and No Heat on Drivers Side

So these are both pretty well documented issues with the later model JKUs. And over the past week I've developed both. Took the jeep to the service center this morning where they made it very difficult to speak to the service manager / mechanic. They really wanted me to just speak to the girl who plugs my words into the computer, but when I kept stressing that these are well documented issues, with well documented fixes that work, and attempts by dealerships that don't, they just didnt want to hear it... which was frustrating. It's now been 6 hours, and I havn't heard a peep out of them. I just hope they're not doing one of the many documented "fixes" that don't resolve the heat issue.

I suppose my biggest fear is that they'll tell me the water in the system voids the warranty because I went driving thru puddles, which I have not done, but I see it's happened to a few other forum members.

Suppose I'm just feeling vulnerable right now... No jeep, no communication...

Someone tell me that you've had these problems and that everything is going to be alright... And if you could, say it in a Morgan Freeman voice... Thx.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

"Some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab & empty that their gone"

Morgan Freeman
"The Shawshank Redemption"
Old 12-17-2012, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jktough
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab & empty that their gone"

Morgan Freeman
"The Shawshank Redemption"
Was hoping it would be more like... "Some radiator systems aren't meant to make swishy sounds. Their pipes and passageways are just to sealed. And when they do get water, the part of you that knows it's not that big of a deal puts your mind at ease. Still, inside your jeep is a little less special because you know that it faulted, at least just once."

It would be cool to hear Mr. Freeman say, "Swishy"
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK, so the service dept. just called to let me know that everything has been fixed. But what you ask? Right. They are saying that there was a coolant leak, which was causing the sound and the lack of heat on the drivers side. By flushing the system, topping off the fluid, and tightening up the area that was causing the leak, i should be good to go.

I'll report back if in fact the problems are not solved.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm glad it's fixed. Now we just need to find Morgan....

Quick Reply: Water in Dash and No Heat on Drivers Side