Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Warning Water in Storage Space

Old 05-07-2007, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this has been something i have been thinking about, removing the carpet from the 'rear area' of a 4 door and replacing it with spray on bedliner. i don't want beliner through out the entire tub, just the rear were i would be carrying cargo and my dog.
i ran my tj without carpet for awhile but didn't really like it. mainly b/c it was much louder and that metal gets hot in the summer. so i put the carpet back in, with insulation under it, and i love it now except for the back.

has anyone done this or even considered doing it to a jk?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For every Jeep I have owned...when the top comes off the carpet and plugs come out...

There is nothing worse than trying to dry out carpet in the garage...it never comes out right.

It is very simple...the floor is not hot...and you don't have to be worried about hitting another rain storm...
Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default just a thoght im not being a wize a$$

im thinkin if that happens this summer with me i will pull soft top up and get my extention cord and use my sears dehumidifier the thing will suck a wet duck out of a pond with how much water goes into the tank by morning there at least two gal. of water that was sucked out of the air ! in a confind jeep 2 door i bet it would dry most of it up , im not into a wet interior , and after spending this much money im not going to let it mold over like some do ! i know say what you will but i cant go buy a new one every few years like other can so ! i try to take care of stuff and yet still have fun and use it as well, if i wanted to play in mud id buy a atv there cheaper !

Quick Reply: Warning Water in Storage Space