Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

WARNING to future NEW Wrangler owners

Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, I'm the original owner. Never gave the hardtop any careful look over other than removing every spring and storing it until winter. I think it's just a bad paint job from the factory.
Since I painted it black, looks brand spankin new so it's all good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2779442842.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	390188

Name:	image-2852133916.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	390189

Name:	image-763429330.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	390190
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeep Fenders should be one color: Flat Black!

The guy is whining about his pretty flares on every board. Here's the solution: Get a scotch brite pad and make them "trail rated". You won't complain about the mfg mold marks anymore.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you guys are kind of rough. If the defects were apparent on the lot, then that I guess is buyer beware for not catching it. If they appeared afterward, then shame on Chrysler for offering painted fenders and not standing behind their work.

I live on dirt roads, so the whole front of my rear fenders are chewed up by the front BFG mudders throwing rocks into them. Painted would not have worked for me anyway.

However, for some it does and I don't agree with the "lol painted fenders on a Wrangler" mentality.

I thought some Wrangler models from way back offered painted fenders.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

maybe the guys painting the fenders got a promotion from the radio install line ,my clock loses a minuet a week, i know this is a flair thread but some one saie dlr said it was within normal tolerences that what i was told on my radio
brianj
Old 11-20-2012, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tncruiser
maybe the guys painting the fenders got a promotion from the radio install line ,my clock loses a minuet a week, i know this is a flair thread but some one saie dlr said it was within normal tolerences that what i was told on my radio
brianj
With all the money you saved on painted flares you could have chosen a mygig. It starts off at 12:00 every boot and then GPS sets within a few seconds <Smirk>

<threadjack>

Ironically, I've been driving a work van with Ford/Microsoft Sync. I want to ditch the MyGig and get a simple radio with bluetooth audio. The entertainment and the NAV are better from the phone.

</threadjack>
Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in the UK and noticed after waxing my black JK that the paint on the fenders was chipping off. Chrysler UK didn't want to know.

The Jeep was booked in for the door hinges to be resprayed so got the fenders repainted for less than $100.

Paul
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tncruiser
brianj
I have a sticker for you. Lol.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353481741.188458.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	390832

Quick Reply: WARNING to future NEW Wrangler owners