Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Warer in engine

Old 08-08-2015, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warer in engine

I I went to rausch creek. Tried to cross water in 2wd and got stuck in some pretty deep stuff. Now my engine is ticking at idle. Only when warm. I'm gonna change the oil in the morning. What else should I do?

2015 JKUR, Anvil, 3.5" AEV, 35x12.5R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Bestop Trektop Pro, TruckLites, Poison Spyder Stubby, Smittybilt 12.5 XRC, Red Prolink, EVO rear bumper cover, Banks CAI & Cat Back,
Old 08-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Pull the plugs and turn it over to ensure the water is gone. Inn also here at RC and have also ingested water in the past

Also, pull your air filter and let it dry out tonight.

Ne property, to the right, most on the way down on the right.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you've already started it then you've already done any damage that'll happen. First step when you get oil in the engine is to change oil, pull plugs and crank over until no more water, put it back together and start it (hopefully), change the oil again as soon as possible and hope no major damage has happened. IF you got a little water in the oil and ran it, it could cause ticking as it has thinned out the oil enough to reduce lubricity, if it's a lot of water you should never try and start it without changing it.

Quick Reply: Warer in engine