Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Vibration - Cooling Fan

Old 05-27-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration - Cooling Fan

Howdy - Just wanted to post that if you run through some mud and you start getting a cycling vibration, check out your cooling fan. It seems like it doesn't take much mud on that thing to unbalance it enough to create a pretty disturbing vibration. A quick hose-off resolves the issue. Concerned me at first, until I figured out what it was
Old 05-27-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great tip! Thanks.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you are really good at getting it muddy a hose wont be enough, you may have to clean each blade off with rags, been there
Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hate to dig up an old post but thanks! Just went on a muddy muddy trip for New Years and am now having this issue! I'll wash it off tomorrow
Old 02-19-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Having the same issue. I love this forum.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Well I don't have a viberation, my fan is just not working! Went out wheelin today and on the way out my temp gauge started spiking the red line. Once I got engine cooled off we were able to get home but fan still isn't working:(. Any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by Takenithome
Well I don't have a viberation, my fan is just not working! Went out wheelin today and on the way out my temp gauge started spiking the red line. Once I got engine cooled off we were able to get home but fan still isn't working:(. Any suggestions?
Mine died at 30,000!
I have replaced it with a SPAL sealed electric fan, 1000x better at cooling. Simple to wire it up to the factory plug.
You can mount it in the OEM shroud with some trimming and a handful of homemade mounting brackets.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
Mine died at 30,000!
I have replaced it with a SPAL sealed electric fan, 1000x better at cooling. Simple to wire it up to the factory plug.
You can mount it in the OEM shroud with some trimming and a handful of homemade mounting brackets.
thanks. upon further investigation i was able to bump the fan directly from the battery, but only once also i was not able to read a voltage thru the wiring. fuse is good, are there any sensors that people have had trouble with after getting a little wet?

Quick Reply: Vibration - Cooling Fan