Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Very squeaky clutch pedal

Old 01-21-2016, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the guy above me said. Bleed the slave first, and if that doesn't work, replace it. You also need to install it straight in. If it bends to the side while pushing it into the bell housing, the gaskets inside the slave will leak brake fluid into the dry side, and cause a brand new or an old one to squeak.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome. Good info. At dealer now. They don't want to seem to try bleeding it but instead are talking just replace it. We shall see
Old 01-23-2016, 09:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default because it can be a pita

from what i was told . the shop said it took them like 6 or 7 hours to bleed one before they fixed it .

just trying to replace it with out having to bleed it seems to be the way around it , hope it takes care of the issue it did on mine but i did use a crown brand not mopar
they look the same but i wanted to try something better than what failed premature in the first place
so far not a peep squeek or anything smooth as butter

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-23-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
from what i was told . the shop said it took them like 6 or 7 hours to bleed one before they fixed it .

just trying to replace it with out having to bleed it seems to be the way around it , hope it takes care of the issue it did on mine but i did use a crown brand not mopar
they look the same but i wanted to try something better than what failed premature in the first place
so far not a peep squeek or anything smooth as butter
They're full of crap. It took me about an hour and a half to replace my slave cylinder. There's only one hydraulic line that goes to the slave cylinder, and you do have to bleed it, or else the pedal will go straight to the floor. Pre filling the cylinder with brake fluid helps with bleeding it, but you're still going to lose a little fluid when you disconnect the hyd line. They probably installed the slave dry, that will take forever to bleed. I too replaced it with Crown, I haven't had any issues since.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default um im not sure how they did mine

it was done in ten min . out the door, I went . They told me my clutch was gone at first lol they said 1200 to repair it . I laughed and said lets just try putting this crown part i brought with me .

they said it wouldnt fix the problem most likely i was thinking its just a creak noise , very quiet at that .The clutch works great no issue . it creaked for about 5 min going home and its been noise free for 20,000 miles, I t was the mopar
slave ( junk) . I doubt they bled mine at all because it was in the garage for ten min total . new part was in and trouble free that was 2 years ago on mine they did fill the brake oil higher than what it was orig. i thought they over filled it to be honest . but ive never had a issue since so .

but the mechanic was really not thrilled to do it because he told me they can take hours if air gets in there . but apparently no air got in lol i felt better trying somthing other than mopar though

The dealership was tellin me it was a bent fork and the slave coudnt contact it and may have worn out the clutch lol
so i took it to a indy and it was fixed in ten min

I knew for a fact it was not the clutch . it just creaked and if you put your hand on the slave you could feel it kinda click noise and other than that clicking noise the clutch worked great & still does i bet ill get over 100 .000 out of my clutch id imagine maybe much more

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-24-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Well The dealer sent me home with my jeep over the weekend. They told me they had to order the parts and they wouldn't get to work on until next week anyway so I might as will have my jeep for the weekend. I'm waiting for them to call me early this week to let me know when to bring the Jeep for the repair. I'll certainly update this thread with my experience once that is done.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Default Fixed?

Just got my car back from the dealer. Was there one day. They replaced the master clutch cylinder and bled the system. Right now. It feels like a whole new clutch pedal. Very smooth. I hope this was the fix! I only have 3 miles on it right now and if anything changes I'll update this thread. Here's to hoping!
The following users liked this post:
Mtbjeeper67 (09-11-2021)
Old 01-30-2016, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having exactly the same problem, squeaks like a Mother F#¥€!

It's irritating to a point that I'm starting to change gears without using the clutch. Brake pedals squeaks too, but not as bad.

Called the dealership, my jeep is not under warranty anymore, they charged me $160 to diagnose and told me I'll have to change the entire pedal box $1300, I've been complaint about this to those idiots since my 3rd service when it was still under warranty they never done anything about it.

I've already sprayed the bloody thing as much as I could with lithium spray and all I got was 2 weeks of driving with all the windows open in peak summer because you couldn't breathe inside the car, and the squeak was still there...

Does anyone us a cheaper solution for this? I really don't want to spend 1300 to fix that, I rather just sell the car and never get another jeep in my life.

Cheers dan
Old 01-30-2016, 04:19 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dankron
I'm having exactly the same problem, squeaks like a Mother F#¥€!

It's irritating to a point that I'm starting to change gears without using the clutch. Brake pedals squeaks too, but not as bad.

Called the dealership, my jeep is not under warranty anymore, they charged me $160 to diagnose and told me I'll have to change the entire pedal box $1300, I've been complaint about this to those idiots since my 3rd service when it was still under warranty they never done anything about it.

I've already sprayed the bloody thing as much as I could with lithium spray and all I got was 2 weeks of driving with all the windows open in peak summer because you couldn't breathe inside the car, and the squeak was still there...

Does anyone us a cheaper solution for this? I really don't want to spend 1300 to fix that, I rather just sell the car and never get another jeep in my life.

Cheers dan
Dont know why but after changing the Gear box oil the creaking clutch is no more .... ?
Old 01-30-2016, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Sorry you are having trouble too Dan. So I put on some miles in California traffic and I can affirmatively say it's fixed for now. I don't know if this would work for you Dan but they replaced the Master Clutch Cylinder and bled the system. I was also starting to have slight trouble shifting into second. Now though it doesn't seem to be any problem. The clutch pedal is smooth and quiet!
The following users liked this post:
Mtbjeeper67 (09-11-2021)

Quick Reply: Very squeaky clutch pedal