Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Vehicle Info Display (Connectivity Group)

Old 10-05-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Info Display (Connectivity Group)

If I do not opt for the connectivity group what am I missing out on? Is it something I can live without? I plan on upgrading with my existing voice control aftermarket deck which I hear is far superior to anything Jeep offers. Opinions?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's worth it just for EVIC, and the ability to change options (horn honk, lights, etc) on the Jeep without have to have the dealer program them.

I wish I could have found one with it when I bought mine.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desync0
It's worth it just for EVIC, and the ability to change options (horn honk, lights, etc) on the Jeep without have to have the dealer program them.

So what else does the info center do?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by desync0

X2. It also displays a bunch of info about the vehicle, but not needing the dealer to program your options makes it worthwhile. Pay Chrysler once or pay the service department over and over.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I'm loving mine!

I recently upgraded from an '09 X to a 2011 Sport with the connectivity group and I'm very impressed. I don't know exactly what is new because it's an 2011 and what was part of the connectivity group but there are a lot of great features.

The bluetooth linking with my cell phone is great. Everyone i've talked to using it has said I sound great. And their sound quality is great coming thru the stereo speakers. This is with the top and windows up, of course. There is wind noise with the windows down.

Also, there is a USB jack in the center console that allows me to charge my iphone and it will also allow you to play music off of an ipod or other mp3 player - even a usb drive full of mp3 files.

The controls on the dash that let you set all the options are nice too. I can control if the lights flash and horn honks when I arm the alarm and such. How long the lights stay on after arming the alarm, etc. Not things you change often but as far as I know changing any of them required a trip to the dealer, before.

All the controls on the steering wheel are great too - radio channels and volume on the back of the wheel, etc, and the ability to answer the phone by pushing a button on the front - very nice.

Good luck with your decision!

Quick Reply: Vehicle Info Display (Connectivity Group)