Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Vaccum pump reloction on 2012

Old 10-28-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaccum pump reloction on 2012

Hi all is ther anyone in the San Diego area that has personnaly relocated their pump? I need some suggestions. Seems to be a few kits out but I don't know the best solution. Pm me if you want Thanks
Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

I'm in Jersey but I used the Teraflex kit. Zero problems.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Relocate

Thanks, I'll start looking at that one first
Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the lod one on my 12. It just rotates it out of the way. On my 13 i went with the evo that runs it up in the engine bay. It was easy as well.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rt2
Hi all is ther anyone in the San Diego area that has personnaly relocated their pump? I need some suggestions. Seems to be a few kits out but I don't know the best solution. Pm me if you want Thanks
I'm in San Diego and used the bracket from Quadratec, comes with everything you need. I like it, the only issue is that it takes up space that could potentially be used for something else ( I was planning on putting my fuse box there). On the other hand it pretty much takes it out of the rain and moves it a lot higher. I don't know about the side effects of it being in the hot engine bay, but sometimes it gets pretty dam hot to the touch. Also be prepare to cut the stock bracket that is holding it in place in the front bumper, it was not fun at all. Email the quadratec rep, he might be able to get you a deal on it. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I used the lod one on my 12. It just rotates it out of the way. On my 13 i went with the evo that runs it up in the engine bay. It was easy as well.
The EVO's installs at the swaybar bracket on the frame, No cutting wires with our install.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Hi guys! I ordered a diesel 2012 JKU and is due for delivery to me here in the Philippines in December. I ordered the front and rear ARB bumpers. Just wanted to confirm if I need the relocation kit? Dave at Northridge4x4 (where I got the bumpers) said that this will not be necessary. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Vaccum pump reloction on 2012