Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

on vacatiin need help fast!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a lift and 37s on my jeep and as soon az I pull in and ask about warranty work I know they would say no way!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jesse0376
I have a lift and 37s on my jeep and as soon az I pull in and ask about warranty work I know they would say no way!
Depends on the dealer, but since those mods aren't related to the drivetrain problem at hand, I would think you'd be fine to go to a dealer.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Yea it does depend but I have had numerous new vehicles with mods that void warranty and it doesent matter what I take it in for they use it as an excuse to charge you money it could be a faulty window motor it doesent matter they say warranty is void. I heard that if you take your vehicle in and they black list it then no dealership can work on it and I don't want that happening.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

So I was driving todayband check engine light came back on and when I try to go over 3k rpms the jeeps losses all power until it gets back down under 2500 then is fine up to 3k again? Does that sound lime it could be that crank sensor?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Its the check engine light could it be the throttle body is dirty?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Im pretty mechanically inclined but with all the sensors these new jeeps have it so hard to figure out the problem. The only reason that its worrying me is that im so far from home the damn thing only has 16000 miles on it. I trusted my yj more then this jeep and it had 175000 miles when I sold it.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I havent tried it on my Jeep yet but on all other christler vehicles I have had you can cycle the key 3 times and leave it on on the third time and it will give you fault codes. you can use this to help diagnose. If this does not work on the newer Jeeps youo can always get a cheap code reading tool at Harber Freight or PepBoys and at least point yourself in the right direction. Many issues can put you in limp mode. Anything from a module issue to a overly rich running engine. Figuring out the trouble codes would be my first move.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks ill try that. Im thinking about trying to buy a bullydog programmer tomorrow cuz it can read codes. I have a code reader at home guess I should carry it in my POS jeep
Old 12-12-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

I just saw this post and the same thing happened to me over the summer. Disco the batter and recon it worked for a bit then acted up. Mine was believe it or not the Battery. Swapped in a new on and it has been fine since.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jesse0376
Yea it does depend but I have had numerous new vehicles with mods that void warranty and it doesent matter what I take it in for they use it as an excuse to charge you money it could be a faulty window motor it doesent matter they say warranty is void. I heard that if you take your vehicle in and they black list it then no dealership can work on it and I don't want that happening.
This is old news, and not true. Your warranty can be considered void if you modified - for example - the suspension and then had a suspension problem. I certainly wouldn't drive it around with the check engine light on, having running issues, and not stop in to the closest dealersip and let them diagnose it and get it right. Even if you have to pay for it, it's better than driving around with an issue.

Quick Reply: on vacatiin need help fast!!!!!!!!!!