Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Use the right dealership!!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use the right dealership!!

Hey gang,
So I have been enjoying my JK in the MN spring weather, but dealing with a dealer issue for pretty much the whole spring since I tried taking the top down.

Back around St Patty's day I dropped the soft top for the first time after buying my Jeep in the winter. I noticed that one of the springs on the tension line and bars were damaged. The steel bar was bent out (the tab part where the spring attaches) and the spring was stretched out a bit. After noticing that, I see that a bunch of the bars on the top frame had deep scratches and someone used black marker to try to "touch-up" the "new" top… Gesh…

I dealt with the dealer I had purchased the Jeep from for a month and a half. I was given off to three different managers over this time and the last one moved out of state. They "fixed" my top once and gave me a rental car while doing this (small POS rental IMO). After picking up the Jeep I find out that they didn't do anything at all, because the parts they order were wrong. They did not tell me this when I picked it up and sent me on my way. Wow….

I got in touch with the district manager for Chrysler and he sent me to another dealer saying they deal/service more Wranglers and the one I used was not so great for this warranty stuff. I walk into the new deal and he (DM of Chrysler) already called them to say I was coming. The service guy was super friendly and didn't even bother to look at the Jeep. He just said "Buddy, we are going to order you a full new top kit!" He also gave me the option to choose window tint (even thought I have bought a set of tinted windows that are in my garage waiting for this whole thing to be done, so I can replace the clear ones). Now I will have 2 sets of tinted windows! Also gave me a free oil change while I was there!

This all goes to show how each dealer is different. If you have issues with one and have options close by, CHECK THEM OUT! This new dealer happens to be closer and will be getting lots of my business for now on! Already got a list of parts #'s for things I have on my wish list and picked up touch up paint while there.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

look like you found a pearl here !
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

I am in MN also, was wondering if you can pm me the dealer you got the service from?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After buying mine in Dec of '08, I went in about a week and a half later to pick up my plates and schedule a time to have the tow package installed. The lady working the desk tells me that the maintainace department is closed. When I ask her when they will be open again, she replys that the dealership is shutting down the next week.

When she was looking for the paper work to try to atleast get me the parts to the tow package from another dealership, I saw an entire stack of "We Owe" papers. This place had dozens of parts that people had already paid for but weren't taken care of. With only a few days left to be open you know they had no intention of fufilling them.

It's amazing to me how crooked some people can be.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

HX, I feel your pain with the dealerships in Houston. I bought my Jeep in Navasota, and they are absolutely fantastic!! Service is always great, fast, and you don't feel like they are screwing you. If they don't know the answer, they will find it. If you need service, you might consider the drive, definitely worth it. Team Auto of Navasota.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hx15537
After buying mine in Dec of '08, I went in about a week and a half later to pick up my plates and schedule a time to have the tow package installed. The lady working the desk tells me that the maintainace department is closed. When I ask her when they will be open again, she replys that the dealership is shutting down the next week.

When she was looking for the paper work to try to atleast get me the parts to the tow package from another dealership, I saw an entire stack of "We Owe" papers. This place had dozens of parts that people had already paid for but weren't taken care of. With only a few days left to be open you know they had no intention of fufilling them.

It's amazing to me how crooked some people can be.
Wow, that sucks too!

Quick Reply: Use the right dealership!!