Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Upgraded heavy duty rear sway bar on stock 2012 2 Dr Sahara. Overkill or useful?

Old 04-05-2014, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jizneeper
What about sticking with the rubicon's shocks as an OE replacement? Can get them new for $120, pretty much the same as bilstein's or Monroe's? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the stock Rubi shocks are that special. Not really a fan if Bilsteins either. Look at the Fox 2.0, or even the Rancho 9000 adjustables.
Just my opinion, but with shocks, you kind of get what you pay for.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

A stiffer swaybar will indeed improve side to side movement and body roll. But it will make the ride stiffer too. I have Monroe reflex monotubes and they make a huge difference.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:49 AM
JK Newbie

So, I understand the HD sway bar will make the jeep handle better in the turns at speed and correct under steer but will it worsen the side to side wobble / head thrashing movement that a jeep does when going over uneven pavement and large bumps in the road?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, I understand the HD sway bar will make the jeep handle better in the turns at speed and correct under steer but will it worsen the side to side wobble / head thrashing movement that a jeep does when going over uneven pavement and large bumps in the road? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think so. I put mine on and take mine off occasionally. And it drives better without it under 45 mph. Mine is a 2 door.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run the Full Traction HD rear sway bar on my 2 door. Very much improved the side to side body roll, better yet, completely eliminated the rear end under steer. Run it on the medium setting all the time. Noticed no difference for being rougher or firmer ride wise other than side to side. Always been surprised there aren't more people using these.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Agree, I bet your front plays more of a role as stiff as it is. Rancho is doing their spring promo. Grab some 9000's and call it a day.
X2 on that. Just got a set of 9000s and so far I love them. They are adjustable so I'm still trying to find the right settings for vehicle. Definitely worth taking a look at if your looking to upgrade
Old 04-13-2014, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

@ K0260. Thanks for that man, glad to hear from someone who is actually using the product. Are you lifted? I'm looking at possibly doing a set of new rubi shocks and the sway bar upgrade. I'm stock height, btw.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@ K0260. Thanks for that man, glad to hear from someone who is actually using the product. Are you lifted? I'm looking at possibly doing a set of new rubi shocks and the sway bar upgrade. I'm stock height, btw.

Sure thing. Lifted 4". The FT HD sway bar is a nice worth while upgrade.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A stiffer sway bar will make off cambers of any kind, much worse. Look at springs and shocks first. Think of it this way. To reduce body rolling off road, and have your axle more compliant with the terrain, it is ideal to disconnect it. Anti sway does just that, reduce sway, as in body roll in a turn. On roads that you are driving without significant lateral force, the sway bar isn't doing much.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Default Upgraded heavy duty rear sway bar on stock 2012 2 Dr Sahara. Overkill or useful?

And why people remove the rear and don't feel much of a difference.

Ko2 how much are you lifted and what shocks you running?
Rear roll center correction ?

Quick Reply: Upgraded heavy duty rear sway bar on stock 2012 2 Dr Sahara. Overkill or useful?