Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

unlimited windjammer

Old 06-07-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unlimited windjammer

I'm looking to get a windjammer for my unlimited. I would like to get one with the most coverage area. The Bestop appears to leave a pretty big gap on each side but so do most others. Anyone running one that can give me some tips on the best options. Ideally it's the rain I want to keep out because of my kids back there. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want rain protection stay with the soft top or hardtop. No matter what bikini top you put on, the rain will hit the inside with the wind or once you start moving.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:39 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Years ago I had a friend who bought a two door Windjammer for his four door, took it to an upholstery shop and had them sew in a couple more inches of panel material, then fitted that to his four door. It will still be open above the top of the Windjammer, but that's recessed back (forward, actually) under the Safari Top. You can see it in this image ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	JK-Forum Disney Run, Aug 08, 0953, Jeff M.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	614037

Quick Reply: unlimited windjammer