Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Underbody Rust

Old 01-12-2008, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underbody Rust

Hi
I got my car rust proofed the day I bought it. My 08 is only two months old and it is already starting to rust underneith. Should I be concerned how bad is it going to get??

I am starting to regret buying the Jeep, between the leaking roof which I got back from the dealership worse then before, to the other little problems I have had, and now the diff cover and parts of the frame and other suspension parts rusting this Jeep is pissing me off.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default rust

I'm not sure if they over salt in your area but you should try powerwashing off the bottom I never undercoated and live in very salted area hamilton. No rust exept on axles which is normal
Old 01-12-2008, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do pressure wash my jeep once a week, and I got my jeep rust proofed and less then two months later is is starting rust. So far this new jeep has been nothing but a headache.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

what exactly is rusting? Frame, under body, skids? Or does it look like its near your break calipers on you axle?
Old 01-12-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Frame, suspension parts, differential, shocks etc
Old 01-12-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

The body tub and panels should be the only rust concern. The frame and othe components under the Jeep will rust at some point.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

i used to detail cars when i was in college and the chemical company i dealt with sold a black spray paint just for the wheelwells and other parts that needed re-freshed. i used it on my yj at the time and it worked well. i probably had to do it every few months, but it kept my leaf springs, etc. looking nice.

Quick Reply: Underbody Rust