Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

under dash cubby

Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah... i got that too...
that is where i keep the CB Radio, The tire deflators, all my tools, the tow strap and a bunch of other trail necesities.... all JKs should have it..... RIGHT?
Oh, by the way..... I hide the spare key in there too
Old 08-10-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

I've got u-connect in the under dash cubby, but its on the passenger side.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Everyone knows the underdash cubby is directly under the steering column. It essentially acts like a driver side glove box. When you're in your Jeep today look just under your steering wheel, and you'll see the handle to open it, it's just about the right size for all hands. Pull on it and the cubby opens. Being that most people have not opened theres, the first time it does take a bit of effort to do, so pull hard and it will pop open.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Hmm before anyone rips apart their Jeep, I'd like to say that I was of course kidding. I can totally see some dimwit pulling and tugging until he rips part of his dash off. lol
Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

Mine has it. That's where I found the underhood insulation and light, the cargo tie downs, and the footwell light. There was also a few horsepower that were missing from the 3.8 liter powerhouse...

I'll have to look again, because I didn't see the U-connect in there...
Old 08-10-2007, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RepressedSince15
I've got a George Costanza desk built into mine. It was an expensive mod but worth it. Great for naps while honey has slipped into the garden center...

"STEINBRENNER: What's that figure ahead? Is that anything? Okay, let's check the desk. That's where I heard the ticking. Search each one of those drawers starting with the top one. So, empty calories and male curiosity, eh, Georgie?

BOMB COP: Looks like there's more compartments underneath.

STEINBRENNER: Compartments underneath, that's probably where it is. Okay boys, let 'er rip. I'll tell you what George. Starting tomorrow no more desks. Just Lucite tables and four legs..."
I don't care who you are... dat's funny right der.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Hmm before anyone rips apart their Jeep, I'd like to say that I was of course kidding. I can totally see some dimwit pulling and tugging until he rips part of his dash off. lol
I actually put on my shoes and was going to the jeep ... I was like have not notice that but then again I didn't notice a "secret compartment" my Dodge Ram had until I went to the dealer to trade it in for my JK and the salesman asked you don't have nothing here ... right I was like I didn't even know that existed so this would not be the first time
Old 08-10-2007, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its where I keep my GF if she is complaining its too hot with the top down.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the under dash cubby may be the small space behind the panel that is under the steering wheel on the lowest part of the dash down there. In my 2010 it is a large rectangular rubber-ish panel that just comes off with a pull. It is held in place with little tabs all around the panel. Inside is an area just big enough to hold a roughly 10-3/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 8-3/8"D object. I assume it is there to access/remove the stock alpine amp.

I found a post where someone installed an alpine PDX amp in there.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...pics-100260/#b

A great spot to stash something since no one would think to yank a panel off down there.

Last edited by Dirtymoney; 04-05-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well done, dug up from 2007!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3665561304.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	543485

Quick Reply: under dash cubby