Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

uh oh.....can someone help a dummy.......

Old 05-13-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uh oh.....can someone help a dummy.......

It's with heavy heart that must post that I have put a dent in my prized possesion......my Jeep.....yes I know.....it's a Jeep and it will get dents and dings along da way......but the way in which it received it's first dent is so dumb I must put myself in for the dumbass of the year award. Any who...my question to my fellow Jeep owners is da following.......how can I remove it. Ok.......here's kinda a example of what "might" have happened.......you know those stupid little bars that come down when you enter or leave a parking garage.........let's say if one of those happen to "fall" across ur hood and leave a small dent......not all the way across but about 2 to 3 inches across (side of the hood near the latch) . I looked underneath the hood and I don't think I can get at it this way ta bang it out......is there something I can buy myself ta try ta remove it (pull it out)?
Old 05-13-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen used hoods go for under $400. You might just want to try eBay or Craigslist for one. Hope you have a common color.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JMcD
I've seen used hoods go for under $400. You might just want to try eBay or Craigslist for one. Hope you have a common color.

ouch......not lookin ta replace da hood if I can avoid it.......2011 Jeep.....plus...dent isn't dat bad......dent is 2 inches at best I think......
Old 05-13-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Years ago I used a company called DentPros....don't know if they're still around, but i'll bet there is one just like them. Rubbed a dent out of my Nissan Altima hood for 50 bucks. I googled them, came right up. I'll bet you could find something similar in your area.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=y9OGa9vB42Q

Haven't tried it myself but wouldn't hurt to try

Quick Reply: uh oh.....can someone help a dummy.......