Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Uconnect? techno dummy

Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Uconnect? techno dummy

Ok I admit I am 53 yoa and still think computers are a passing fancy and soon will go the way of the yoyo and hula hoop lol. So my window sticker says that my jeep as uconnect 130 am/fm/cd/mp3. so what exactly can it do if anything besides music via radio, cd and mp3 (I have never used mp3 in my life but still have some cassettes)? Go head and make fun of my lack of techno skills I can take it .
Old 12-19-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
Ok I admit I am 53 yoa and still think computers are a passing fancy and soon will go the way of the yoyo and hula hoop lol. So my window sticker says that my jeep as uconnect 130 am/fm/cd/mp3. so what exactly can it do if anything besides music via radio, cd and mp3 (I have never used mp3 in my life but still have some cassettes)? Go head and make fun of my lack of techno skills I can take it .
Lol...You're only 53. You don't get to use the "techno dummy" excuse. Spend some time reading up on the features and how it operates. You can use your Jeep owner's manual (I think it may have come as a DVD). You can also download it online -- just Google search for the year and model of your car. If you're truly lost...one of us can walk you through how to get a copy of the manual in front of you.

UConnect has voice command functionality to control the radio - things like switching stations, switching the source (sat/am-fm/mp3/bluetooth/CD/auxiliary). You can stream any music from a bluetooth phone. You can also dial and operate your phone by voice via bluetooth (Provided you carry a cell phone, it has bluetooth functionality, etc).

To be honest, I only use it for operating my phone. Makes it really easy to place an outgoing call, or take an incoming call from the road. I also like the voice command for MP3/digital music. When you've got 700 songs, it's easier to just tell it which song you'd like to hear versus having to search for it while driving.

In the higher end models, you can also operate the navigation system through voice command as well.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Jedi

I'm thinking my unconnect 130 is not phone capable. which was where my confusion was.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Whoops, you're right (not such a techno dummy, after all!). Bluetooth and UConnect aren't necessarily paired as options. Yours has UConnect without the bluetooth/telephony capability.

Here's a site you can use to check out the features on you system, and how to use them:

Chrysler Uconnect
Old 12-19-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default printed manuals

you can call Jeep and ask for a printed manual, each new owner is allowed 1 printed manual, make sure you ask for the one for the uconnect also.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jk_sea
Whoops, you're right (not such a techno dummy, after all!). Bluetooth and UConnect aren't necessarily paired as options. Yours has UConnect without the bluetooth/telephony capability.

Here's a site you can use to check out the features on you system, and how to use them:

Chrysler Uconnect
it looks like what I suspected. I have an am/fm, satilite, cd and mp3 player. the Uconnect term just threw me.

Quick Reply: Uconnect? techno dummy