Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Turning off the headlights for "lock & Unlock"????

Old 02-28-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not think that I have seen my lights light up when I lock the car, except when I hit the unlock first by accident and then hit lock. Then they are on because I hit unlock first.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

When does the dome light inside the jeep decide to stay on? It always bugs me because I'm sometimes thinking I didn't completely shut a door.
My head lights no longer stay on because I have an after market alarm system which controls the locks.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

So basically, what you guys are telling me is...there is absolutely nothing i can do to stop them from coming on when i use the fob except go to the dealer and have them fix it, right?..............that blows
I live in S.Korea and trying to deal with the Chrysler dealership over here can be a real p.i.t.a.!! Not to mention it's located in the heart of Seoul. Just getting there and finding the right place will be the hardest part...lol
I'm just sick of people saying "hey, you left your light on!" after I've locked and walked away from my Jeep. Just because they stay on for soooo long.

Thx for all the info guys. I'll call and make an appointment next week.

Tony
Old 02-29-2008, 12:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cappi's JKR
So basically, what you guys are telling me is...there is absolutely nothing i can do to stop them from coming on when i use the fob except go to the dealer and have them fix it, right?..............that blows
I live in S.Korea and trying to deal with the Chrysler dealership over here can be a real p.i.t.a.!! Not to mention it's located in the heart of Seoul. Just getting there and finding the right place will be the hardest part...lol
I'm just sick of people saying "hey, you left your light on!" after I've locked and walked away from my Jeep. Just because they stay on for soooo long.

Thx for all the info guys. I'll call and make an appointment next week.

Tony
The lights should only come on if you hit UNLOCK on the remote. If you shut your lights BEFORE shutting your engine then get out, shut the door, and hit LOCK the lights should not come on. If you hit UNLOCK the lights will stay on for 90 seconds even if you hit lock after hitting UNLOCK. Supposedly if you turn you lights off after shutting the engine the lights will come on when you hit lock...I haven't tested this.

EDIT: there are many different settings for different countries. Your Jeep may be different if bought there or if someone changed it to bring it there.

Last edited by davidwm71; 02-29-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:41 AM
JK Newbie

I do wish you could turn it off, as there appears to be one Muppet per supermarket car park, who says, with a snigger, "Hey, you left your lights on". I just now say "it's a Jeep thing", which is the kind of reply that confuses them and hence shuts them up.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidwm71
Supposedly if you turn you lights off after shutting the engine the lights will come on when you hit lock...I haven't tested this.
I just tried this. The lights don't come on when you hit lock...what happens is if you shut the Jeep off THEN shut the lights the lights actually stay on for 90 seconds.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

The lights should only come on if you hit UNLOCK on the remote. If you shut your lights BEFORE shutting your engine then get out, shut the door, and hit LOCK the lights should not come on. If you hit UNLOCK the lights will stay on for 90 seconds even if you hit lock after hitting UNLOCK. Supposedly if you turn you lights off after shutting the engine the lights will come on when you hit lock...I haven't tested this.
Well, they do come on after locking at times for me, and apparently other people on here also. What's weird is it's only sometimes. It isn't because I hit unlock first, or closed the lights after shuting the engine off. I really don't know what it is, and it would be really nice to know.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepgreensahara
Well, they do come on after locking at times for me, and apparently other people on here also. What's weird is it's only sometimes. It isn't because I hit unlock first, or closed the lights after shuting the engine off. I really don't know what it is, and it would be really nice to know.

Exactly my point. Regardless of whether or not i had my lights on when i shut down. I get out and the lights are OFF, until i hit the "lock" button. Then they come on and stay on for, i guess, 90 sec (I've never timed it).
Old 02-29-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cappi's JKR
Exactly my point. Regardless of whether or not i had my lights on when i shut down. I get out and the lights are OFF, until i hit the "lock" button. Then they come on and stay on for, i guess, 90 sec (I've never timed it).
But for you, does it do it all the time? Cause me it's only sometimes, which is odd.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

EDIT: there are many different settings for different countries. Your Jeep may be different if bought there or if someone changed it to bring it there.
I'm an American living over here. Bought my Jeep From Exchange New Car Sales on Yongsan Army Garrison in Seoul. So its Definitely U.S. specs. Ive seen the "Korean" version...they don't have many options when they order a new JK....A Diesel, Auto trans, Rubicon is all they can get over here.

Quick Reply: Turning off the headlights for "lock & Unlock"????