Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Tubed door latches

Old 08-12-2023, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tubed door latches

So, I just purchased these doors for cheap. Front passenger door is missing the latch. Has anyone replaced these or know where to purchase them? I’ve been looking online, but can’t find them.

Old 08-17-2023, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Those latches look a little different than the ones I have.
Looks like it has a lock?

IIRC I bought a set of 4 doors for my JKU from eBay for under $200 shipped.
I'm pretty happy with them overall, but they did require a little adjustment in order to get rid of the rattles.
When installing I found a YouTube video talking about using carboard to shim the door in the middle of the latches when bolting together.
Mine work really smoothly, but I did end up replacing the hardware for the latch itself in order to keep the adjustment solid.

As for the latch, I did a quick internet search, but I didn't find anything.
I read on here where someone used a latch from a gate (homedepot) for a set he made.

If that doesn't work,
One common brand for those is "EAG", but they are sold by a billion other names.
I didn't find a contact for EAG, but that might at least give you something to work with, find an email or support address for them to see if a replacement latch can be bought.

Quick Reply: Tubed door latches