Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

TSB question

Old 09-11-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update: I had to pay the $115 reflash for the moment. I would have gone in to fight with the manager at Honda but he is on vacation, so come tuesday i'll be knocking down his door and see where that gets me.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dpoelstra
Don't Honda dealers only sell "Certified" used cars? Should be inspected and certified bla bla bla.....
A Honda certified pre-owned vehicle would only be a Honda.

And, like previously stated, TSBs have nothing to do with a vehicle qualifying to be certified or not.

Oh, and your Jeep doesn't need "5 flashes", sounds like they up sold you and took you for a little money.

Last edited by Atl JK; 09-11-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Trumpet8va
update: I had to pay the $115 reflash for the moment. I would have gone in to fight with the manager at Honda but he is on vacation, so come tuesday i'll be knocking down his door and see where that gets me.
Let us know if your symptoms went away.

Originally Posted by Atl JK
A Honda certified pre-owned vehicle would only be a Honda.

And, like previously stated, TSBs have nothing to do with a vehicle qualifying to be certified or not.

Oh, and your Jeep doesn't need "5 flashes", sounds like they up sold you and took you for a little money.
Depends on if the symptoms went away.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess we'll see. I shouldn't have made a blanket statement like that, it just arouses suspicion.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe the placebo effect has set in, but the jeep seems to shift smoothly, ride nicely, and the ESP hasn't kicked in once (even in rain and a little harder driving) since the reflash. I could be crazy, but it's good enough for me. I also haven't had any radio interruption either. I'm happy...now just to get my money from the dealer. haha
Old 09-12-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

I know financial times are not what they should be, and I don't know squat about what you can and will afford, but since you decided to buy a JK and all that that entails...I would consider the $115 well spent for the peace of mind, whether you get that reimbursed from the Honda dealer or not...

That's just me...

If you hang around this forum for any length of time, that expenditure a year from now will seem like a drop in the ocean...
Old 09-13-2009, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by glwood6
I know financial times are not what they should be, and I don't know squat about what you can and will afford, but since you decided to buy a JK and all that that entails...I would consider the $115 well spent for the peace of mind, whether you get that reimbursed from the Honda dealer or not...

That's just me...

If you hang around this forum for any length of time, that expenditure a year from now will seem like a drop in the ocean...
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm just trying to cut costs as much as possible...just got married and bought a house too. That was the whole reason for the purchase of a Jeep...so i could crest over the hard entry of my garage. I gave up my Pontiac Solstice for it. Please don't mistake my griping as complaining and being ungrateful...i simply want to see if it possible to get the money I feel i deserve. I'm not going to cry about it if they tell me no...i'm just glad I got the updates done for said peace of mind. That's all. Thanks for the input though...noted.
I'm looking forward to accessorizing the rig...when finances prove available.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Don't take me wrong, I wasn't thinking you were complaining, I just wanted to make the point that the $115 was well spent, which you agreed with; I'd be trying the same thing you are, I don't part with money very easily, either. Congratulations on the purchase, anyway...

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm just trying to cut costs as much as possible...just got married and bought a house too. That was the whole reason for the purchase of a Jeep...so i could crest over the hard entry of my garage. I gave up my Pontiac Solstice for it. Please don't mistake my griping as complaining and being ungrateful...i simply want to see if it possible to get the money I feel i deserve. I'm not going to cry about it if they tell me no...i'm just glad I got the updates done for said peace of mind. That's all. Thanks for the input though...noted.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

He, he, he...

Wait till he needs a lift, and tires, and then he will need a locker, or even 2 of them. He will eventually need a winch, and a new bumper to carry it. A CB for communication is nice...

Shhhhh, don't tell him but the JK will cost him a fortune over time. Better yet, don't tell his new bride!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

FOR REAL...i wish i had more money to do all those things...

fortunately my JK came with a 3'' lift and 33's mounted on some nice black rims. That's about $3000 worth i don't have to spend now. better than nothing!

Quick Reply: TSB question