Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

TSB - Flash: Torque Converter Shudder Or 1-2, 2-3 or 3-4 Upshift Bumps

Old 09-02-2009, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
bostonMA

Have you done anything with the computer to adjust for your bigger tires?
Yes, the OD is correct. The shifting problem started about 20,000 miles after the tries were installed.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

my opnion is to regear for the tires.....for the stockers however the tranny may be fried. these jks run extremely hot for a moderen tranny...kinda funny how they really dont make em lik they used to
Old 11-18-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eric71
I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler I bought new back in Feb of 08. I know this TSB is for a 2007 Wrangler, however, the systems that were experienced for this problem are the exact ones I'm experiencing. Could it be that it applies to my Jeep as well? Also, how do I find out what transmission my Jeep has? If anyone has had similar problems with their 2008 or any input I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
mine is an 08 and i am experiencing the same thing at the moment and was wondering the same things you are about the 08 with 50k on it .. message me if you dont mind like to know whats happening with yours
Old 11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Not excessive at all for your kind of driving.
I would say a fluid and filter change is enough, though, providing the fluid is always bright red and doesn't smell burnt. I'll bet a flush is a lot more expensive. People have had bad luck with flushes.

Now that you have driven it since the flush, warm it up and check the fluid level. They may have been in a hurry when they filled it.
ive had mine vaccuumed not sure if you yanks call flushing the same as vaccuming? and now mine is shuddering

Quick Reply: TSB - Flash: Torque Converter Shudder Or 1-2, 2-3 or 3-4 Upshift Bumps