Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Transmission Problem

Old 06-28-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Problem

My 2010 sahara automatic has now started up in 3rd gear and does not upshift or downshift while in motion. It has done this three times in the last two weeks. However, after you turn it off and wait 5 minutes and then crank it back up it runs smooth like normal. I have 8000 miles, only like 100 are off road, and like 50 of that was in 4hi. I dont raise hell in it on the road, i drive normal and its pissing me off haha..

anybody have this happen/now why? just curious..

its at the Jeep Dealer right now..thank god for warranties right. haha
Old 06-29-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take it to the dealer, I doubt there is a big problem, just maybe a sensor going bad or a re-flash needed, but then on the other hand there may be a problem so just let the dealer deal with it till you're satisfied.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Junkie

i had mine jump into "safety mode" before due to a high voltage input to the TCM module. It only allows 1st and 2nd gear and will not shift past that. Only happened once and not ever since.

jeeps have gremlins... and I blame it on the overuse of computers on the thing.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07JKX
jeeps have gremlins... and I blame it on the overuse of computers on the thing.
bmws i work on have about 100 modules on them, jeep has about 5 lol
Old 06-29-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
bmws i work on have about 100 modules on them, jeep has about 5 lol
holy crap... guess i wont be buying one of those! but then again I expect luxury on fancy people cars, but goofy electronic and gizmos do not belong a vehicle designed to be beaten up in the woods and drowned in water.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default prob solved

turns out the computer needed to be reprogrammed..they said this situation had been recalled...but it was a computer glitch..so they say they 'fixed it'..only time will tell..and also..

as i waited for the jeep to be driven back to the customer pick up area..the worker proceeded to haul ass to back from the garage and if it didnt have ABS..the brakes would have locked up he stopped so fast..it was a little punk kid and I told him to give me my keys before I kicked his fucking ass, and he said what did I do..i said its not a fucking mustang, I just got the transmission fixed I'd appreciate it if you didnt fuck it up for me you douchebag, and left haha...i was pissed..i could have broke his nose..i mean you dont just raise hell in someone elses vehicle...

anyways. its fixed..but thanks for the advice guys

Quick Reply: Transmission Problem