Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

transmission downshifts hard

Old 10-06-2018, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission downshifts hard

My 2012 rubi, w/auto trans will on occasion, when accelerating, will downshift hard/bump/stumble on the shift. It does not do to any routine that I can associate with it. I did change the fluid, filter and inspect what I could see and saw nothing out of the norm. (nothing fell out and the magnet was not heavily covered. I did just come off a road trip doing the TransAmericaTrail(TAT), 8500 miles of some rugged dirt road, dusty and rocky terrain, but my armor protects the undercarriage well.
I find some info during research that says to check or replace the crankcase position sensor, transmission speed sensor, idle air control (clean), pedal sensor assembly. I am old but can do what is necessary and I just do want to be a parts replacer. I did power wash the engine.and it seems all was well until I did that. Cannot be sure.
If anyone can offer any help this old Vet will greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-07-2018, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have any codes?

Quick Reply: transmission downshifts hard