Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

"trail rated" badge

Old 12-08-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armybiker
I think also Sahara's are not trail rated due to wheel size.
SAY WHAT, You have a Sahara listed in your profile. Don't you think you can take it off road. If it's a 4x4 and a Wrangler, it's trail rated.
What does wheel size have to do with it, maybe tire type.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I kinda like the badge
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hop45
I kinda like the badge

I'm w/ Hop45 on this one, I kinda like the badge as well.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Red
JK Enthusiast

From the above link to the Jeep website about Trail Rated:

"We test Jeep® 4x4s on the toughest trails in the world to prove one thing: They can take whatever you dish out. The Trail Rated® badge means that your Jeep 4x4 has been designed to perform in five categories of off-road conditions: traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, articulation, and water fording."

So, if I leave my badge on, and "dish out" some stuff that my Jeep can't handle, and the thing ends up broken on some desolate trail because it didn't have one or more of the factors for which it is tested, like enough ground clearance, can I go back to Jeep and get my money back? After all, if they tested it on the "toughest trails in the world," then it must have been tested on all of the trails in the world, which include the ones I run, right? After all, if the trails I run are tougher than the trails they used for testing, then the didn't test it on the "toughest trails in the world," which means it is not trail rated. Had they said "some of the toughest trails in the world," it would be a different story.

Anyway, after reading this and thinking about it for a while, my badge is coming off. I always thought that it looks sort of cool, but now it is suddenly an eyesore. Maybe I'll take off the Jeep emblem on the grill as well while I am at it. It looks kind of dumb as that will be the last shiney thing on the truck.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Junkie

I didn't like shiny stuff on mine either.
But i felt it balanced with the antenna.
So I just changed it.

Quick Reply: "trail rated" badge