Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Trac lock -- Lockers

Old 11-15-2007, 06:47 AM
wgr
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opinion to this issue is that our well/hardworking traction control takes us thru most of places we ever really need to go. Only on rocks and a real hardcore offroad i would like to have a real lockers. If i dont make it i will use my winch, as winch is with me anyway all the time. This was the case with my defenders also. didn´t miss anything just by having only a traction control and always went thru same trails as rigs with locks ( i dont do rock crawling thou). Less stress on components, not so much more wear on brakebads to justify added cost, less things to break up. And our brake systems are more than adequate to take up this beating what ETC is ever going to deliver, as they are tested to stop a vehicle only with one brake working at only one wheel at maximum allowable weight during max braking force applied plus some safety margins over this.

Last edited by wgr; 11-15-2007 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:58 AM
wgr
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WNCJK
How can you really tell when it's just the BLD, or when the Trac-Loc kicks in? I was out testing mine, with Trac-Loc, and couldn't really tell when it was just the BLD or when the Trac-Loc was working.
Do we have a circuit breaker we could pull out to disable our electronic traction control so we could try it without....anyone knows this ? Which one is it ?

Last edited by wgr; 11-15-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default any for sale lockers?

I am looking for the stock locker in the rear. Any sellers?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:50 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wgr
Do we have a circuit breaker we could pull out to disable our electronic traction control so we could try it without....anyone knows this ? Which one is it ?
I think fuse is J7 , it disables esp, traction control and ABS all at once, I just installed a switch so I could turn it all off when needed. It's great when you wanna play in the mud in 2-wheel drive and throw roosters!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM
wgr
JK Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I think fuse is J7 , it disables esp, traction control and ABS all at once, I just installed a switch so I could turn it all off when needed. It's great when you wanna play in the mud in 2-wheel drive and throw roosters!

I am going to try that also.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default posi vs locker

Originally Posted by DgonzJK
I have a posi rear end and i've heard a locker would help me out a bunch at this point til i do my 4x4 conversion, is this true, should i get a locker? and if so, do they make a locker for a posi??? I've heard that the ARB air locker would help but it's cost alone is a big chunk that could just go into my conversion fund... Help???

The advantage of a locker is you can lock it 100% like a posi or run an open differental when you don't need it. If you have a true posi you don't need a locker, you are locked all the time already.

Quick Reply: Trac lock -- Lockers