Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

TPMS troubled after tire rotation

Old 08-07-2024, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default TPMS troubled after tire rotation

I just did the first tire rotation on my new to me 2017 JKUR and have a TPMS warning light and no pressure reading for the left front. I do five tire rotations so the left front used to be the left rear and all sensors were working correctly before the tire rotation. I've driven over 800 miles since the rotation and the error is still there. I find it hard to believe that the sensor suddenly died at the same time as the tire rotation so I'm looking for other solutions.

Any suguestions?

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2024, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 400 Likes on 375 Posts

Give this a try.. inflate to 40+ psi, drive it 10+ minutes see if it and then set correct psi.. see if it corrects.
Old 08-11-2024, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Give this a try.. inflate to 40+ psi, drive it 10+ minutes see if it and then set correct psi.. see if it corrects.
Well, that didn't fix the problem but it showed me what was happening... the system is reading the front left (which used to be the rear left) as the rear left still and not reading the sensor from the actual front left. I'm at a loss. Gonna post a new thread now that I understand what is going on.

Quick Reply: TPMS troubled after tire rotation