Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

TPMS flashes

Old 12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS flashes

I have a 13 Rubicon with the tire pressure readings and one of them keeps flashing and the light is on. It reads the pressure properly but the rear right read out keeps flashing. Any ideas what this means?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if that means it can't find it. Bad sensor on the tire? But I'm not even aware how it knows which tire is which. So when you rotate the tires, how does it know what tire went where? So you have to marry them some how? Did the right rear get missed in some setup?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RoysRig
I wonder if that means it can't find it. Bad sensor on the tire? But I'm not even aware how it knows which tire is which. So when you rotate the tires, how does it know what tire went where? So you have to marry them some how? Did the right rear get missed in some setup?
Some one posted on one of the forums that it will relearn itself after driving 20 miles I think. I know I just had new tires put on my 2013 with stock wheels/sensors and they seem to be right, although I didn't try airing them down one at a time to make sure. Maybe I should just to see, although it's possible they put the wheels back exactly where they were originally, in which case I don't have a certain answer to this.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
Some one posted on one of the forums that it will relearn itself after driving 20 miles I think. I know I just had new tires put on my 2013 with stock wheels/sensors and they seem to be right, although I didn't try airing them down one at a time to make sure. Maybe I should just to see, although it's possible they put the wheels back exactly where they were originally, in which case I don't have a certain answer to this.
Was the spare tire changed out too?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

I tried adjusting the pressure and it showed on the display the new correct pressure so it's definitely reading it. I do have a sensor in he spar also but it doesn't show on he display.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Was the spare tire changed out too?
Yes, I changed all 5 tires.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

the flashing tpms light means one of the sensors malfunctioned

Quick Reply: TPMS flashes