Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Tpms

Old 01-05-2007, 10:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms

I was browsing through the owner's manual on PDF, since I don't have my JK yet. It mentions a Tire Pressure Monitoring System available on certain vehicles, though it awesomely doesn't mention which ones. I'm not gonna bother asking my dealer, since he's a liar. Does anyone here know if the JK has this electronic POS, and how to disable it?
I'm guessing that it probably doesn't, since people are already driving around with deflated tires and haven't mentioned it. Probably just a boiler-plate paragraph for DCX's manuals, which would be very sloppy.
The section has a warning about liquid/gel tire sealant, balance beads, and oversized tires, understandably.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

First person to answer'll get a cookie.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

It is currently not available with the pressure monitor. I heard the govt. is going to require this in the future and thus the section in the manual. I don't think it will happen for several years though.

Bryan
Old 01-06-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

I do know that the Commander has this, but have not heard of the Wrangler having this feature. I wouldn't want it anyways...1 psi off & it keeps flashing low tire pressure on the instrument cluster.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

There'll be a cookie for you on Helicopter Pad.

Quick Reply: Tpms