Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

tow hooks

Old 04-25-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tow hooks

my 09 x did not come with tow hooks so i was wondering if anyone knew where to find some of them that would not be to hard to install
Old 04-25-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdolgo7701
my 09 x did not come with tow hooks so i was wondering if anyone knew where to find some of them that would not be to hard to install
I didn't know it was an option... all the ones at the dealership had them installed, I thought they were standard!

Check the for sale area, I have seen several sets of stock hooks go through there in the last month.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi

Look in the For Sale section. easy to install.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

mine didnt come with them either. bought the rear one from a guy on here and got the front 2 from a friend. easy to install the rear, the front is a little more difficult becuase you have to cut the hold in the bumper but its easy enough to do just time consuming
Old 04-25-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
Look in the For Sale section. easy to install.
Usually some in the For Sale section. Factory new run about $80.00.

They are not that easy to install. You will have to not only cut out the little square indentations for the hooks to come through. You will have to cut away underneith to get them to fit. The plastic is a bitch to cut.

Use a Sharp razor knife and extra blades and be patient.

Also look at how the hooks come out of the factory set up. You don't have to cut out the entire square indentations as the instructions show. Only about half.

The directions say to remove the grill. But some here say it is not nessessary. I removed mine.

If you don't have fronts I also bet you don't have a rear recovery hook. You will need that also if you ever want to go off road. The rear hook is a simple bolt on.

Quick Reply: tow hooks