Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Tons question

Old 12-28-2017, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I missed the forest for the trees. I drove to royal farms and pumped up the tires to 38 and after a short drive the light went out. I’ll lower in a day or two.

So so my gauge be off a few psi and and it must reset at 38?
Old 12-28-2017, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The TPMS doesn't "reset" at 38 psi. It has a threshold below which it will alert, above which it clears the alert. That's probably around 35 psi.

If you had to set it to 38 psi on your gauge to get it to clear the TPMS alert, then your gauge is wrong. The tires are actually 35 psi, or whatever the threshold is.

Sounds like you don't have the individual tire pressure indicators. If you did, it'd tell you specifically which tire was low and exactly how low. And it'd also tell you how accurate your gauge is.

I have about a half dozen or so tire gauges. They all are different, and all but one are varying degrees of wrong. Closes one is a 10+ year old electronic one I got for Christmas years ago. Worst ones are the cheap analog/dial ones you get at auto parts stores at the checkout counter.

Quick Reply: Tons question