Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Tire Question

Old 04-18-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is enough info on this forum to research just about any tire, find what you want and then go pricing, with the cost of shipping tires you may be better to find a local supplier.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Discount Tire seems to be pretty good, or tirerack has a large selection for browsing. Its hard to see mud tires in person since alot of shops don't carry them and have to special order.

make sure to check out the "4-doors and 33's" thread. there are a lot of good pics of different tires in there
Old 04-18-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm looking for a bit larger tire than that, at least 36's if not 38's. which tires I'm going with is one of the few things I havent yet settled. building my jeep before I even buy it, in my mind and on paper, lol.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RiSK
whats a good place to shop for tires? i wanna be able to see a good selection and variety before choosing and buying anything

Got my best deal from Discount Tire Direct, free shipping and a forum member discount. Plus it's nice to support a sponsor of the site.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear tire rack is a good place to get tires. You can also shop 4wheelparts.com they have discounts on tires every so often and $70 shipping every so often.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Do yourself a favor and check out 4wheelparts pretty close. I heard about a lot of bait and switch stuff happening. You know, order a set of muds and AT's show up, then they want you to pay the shipping for their screwup.

Quick Reply: Tire Question