Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Tire pressure light not turning off

Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeeep
hmm - checking my door jam for recommended pressure - 37psi, falls below that and sensor trips
If your door jam sticker says 37psi, it shouldn't show the warning until it drops to 29psi, and extinguish the warning once it rises above 34psi.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has a sensor and it's monitored...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

At the end of the day, a TPM system for this vehicle is a bust. Chrysler should disable them all, and then we will not have this problem.
I had mentioned that the spare was monitored, maybe I was wrong .....got the info on this forum when I first got my jeep. Anyway.... 37lb worked for me. Seems overboard, but it is what it is.

Last edited by wired; 09-06-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wired
At the end of the day, a TPM system for this vehicle is a bust. Chrysler should disable them all, and then we will not have this problem.
I had mentioned that the spare was monitored, maybe I was wrong .....got the info on this forum when I first got my jeep. Anyway.... 37lb worked for me. Seems overboard, but it is what it is.
agree - TPM on Jeeps is a bust
Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

drastic changes in air temp can effect the relative pressure in tires. if your tires are run close to the tpms warning threshold anyway, i think factory setting is something like 25 +/- a drop of a few pounds will trigger the tpms. i know a few guys that run nitrogen in their tires, they say the pressure is less likely to vary, but i can't speak from personal experience.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by orig93gt
drastic changes in air temp can effect the relative pressure in tires. if your tires are run close to the tpms warning threshold anyway, i think factory setting is something like 25 +/- a drop of a few pounds will trigger the tpms. i know a few guys that run nitrogen in their tires, they say the pressure is less likely to vary, but i can't speak from personal experience.
The TPMS warning threshold is programmed from the factory, based on the tire pressure placard on the "B" pillar.
It seems to be around 80% of the placard pressure.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AEV procal will let you reprogram the low threshold. It allows for airing down tires without setting off the TPMS.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wired
Unfortunately TPMS are federally mandated, so they won't be going away.

Originally Posted by single
AEV procal will let you reprogram the low threshold. It allows for airing down tires without setting off the TPMS.
I used my Procal to set the threshold to 21 psi, and it will let you set it to 0 which essentially disables the TPMS.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

its a pain in the ass

Quick Reply: Tire pressure light not turning off