Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Tire pressure light not turning off

Old 08-31-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mocar

I've fell victim to this as well, i didnt have my gauge with me one day after wheelin so I used someone elses gauge and filled to 35, light stayed on, aired up at a gas station with the gauge thats part of the nozzle, still had light. finally used a brand new gauge when I got home and two tires were under 35 still.
I also will have to check this. Thanks
Old 08-31-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I drove for a few days with the spare deflated to test if the system monitors the spare.
The light never came on.

On the other hand, I have had it come on for no reason, a few times.
Ditto. My spare sensor has been sitting on a workbench for quite a few months now. Over a year??? The spare isn't monitored.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Solution: buy a digital gauge that is accurate. Haha. It was as simple as my gauge being able to actually function properly
Old 09-02-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Vernnz
Ditto. My spare sensor has been sitting on a workbench for quite a few months now. Over a year??? The spare isn't monitored.
when i first bought mine the light came on and i ckecked with multiple gauges the pressure and never thought to check the spare.. took it to a local tire shop and they said your spair has almost no air. there was a piece of paper stuck in the bead seal on the spare tire and wouldnt let the tire completely seal. took the spare off and removed the paper then aired back up and never had a problem again.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by rozzman10
when i first bought mine the light came on and i ckecked with multiple gauges the pressure and never thought to check the spare.. took it to a local tire shop and they said your spair has almost no air. there was a piece of paper stuck in the bead seal on the spare tire and wouldnt let the tire completely seal. took the spare off and removed the paper then aired back up and never had a problem again.
That seems to indicate the spare is monitored. To eliminate the possibility of coincidence, would you consider deflating your spare long enough to see if the warning can be repeated?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

I know on my GF's jeep, it was her spare that had a leaky valve stem. I replaced her TPMS in her spare and her light finially stopped going off. Seemed validate my thoughts.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Mine did this too. Twice. Both times after rechecking the dealer said two tires were under 35 and added some air then no problem. Have had no problem for a month now. Other gauges may have been old/faulty but two different dealers "fixed" the issue for now. One said sensor may be on the fritz but seems to be working good right now
Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Delux2769
I know on my GF's jeep, it was her spare that had a leaky valve stem. I replaced her TPMS in her spare and her light finially stopped going off. Seemed validate my thoughts.
Originally Posted by jk.bushwacker
ur crazy the spare is NOT monitored!
yours may not be monitored, but some of them are
Old 09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Maybe it's according to what year the JK is.

My '08 spare isn't monitored. My friend's '08 has no spare on it, and he doesn't get a warning.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Yes, exactly! I guess if you completely take the sensor away, removing the spare, it might just read the four.. I wonder how it affects it when you put different size tires on that require different air pressure from stock..

Quick Reply: Tire pressure light not turning off