Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Tire pressure light not turning off

Old 08-31-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure light not turning off

Hey all. My jeep started displaying the low pressure light 2 days ago. The temp dropped to 63 that morning but it has been colder on more than a few mornings here. I checked with a gauge and every tire was within 2 psi of the recommended 35 pressure ( cold tire pressure, I drove from work which is less than a mile). I aired the few tires that were lower up to 35 (even the spare because I was told to check that too). The light is still on. It was 90 degrees yesterday and it is this morning, light still on. I'm figuring if the pressure is at 35 cold tire it is going to be greater once it's warmer out. After all of that, has anyone had a similar problem and have a solution? Im hoping I won't have to go to the dealer which is 45 minutes away. Thanks ahead of time
Old 08-31-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just saying,
I had this problem, it turns out that 2 of my gauges were 'broken'.... Check your gauge against a few others to be sure...
Old 08-31-2011, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DanieltheManual
Just saying,
I had this problem, it turns out that 2 of my gauges were 'broken'.... Check your gauge against a few others to be sure...
I've fell victim to this as well, i didnt have my gauge with me one day after wheelin so I used someone elses gauge and filled to 35, light stayed on, aired up at a gas station with the gauge thats part of the nozzle, still had light. finally used a brand new gauge when I got home and two tires were under 35 still.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

Check the spare tire. This was what got me when my TPM light went off. It is a dumb sensor.
Ensure all tires are at the same level, and drive for 5-10 miles. This should fix the problem.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

My lights stay on if only put them to 37psi like it says on the door jam. i put them to 38 and they go off. probly the guage being slighty off. try putting your tires to 36 instead of 35.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by wired
Check the spare tire. This was what got me when my TPM light went off. It is a dumb sensor.
Ensure all tires are at the same level, and drive for 5-10 miles. This should fix the problem.
I drove for a few days with the spare deflated to test if the system monitors the spare.
The light never came on.

On the other hand, I have had it come on for no reason, a few times.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm having the same problem right now. I think my gauge is off.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Mine has been on for over three years. I'm just waiting for the damn thing to burn out.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
Mine has been on for over three years. I'm just waiting for the damn thing to burn out.
On a 5 month old vehicle this is not going to be my solution. Thanks though haha
Old 08-31-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
My lights stay on if only put them to 37psi like it says on the door jam. i put them to 38 and they go off. probly the guage being slighty off. try putting your tires to 36 instead of 35.
Will have to try this. Thank you

Quick Reply: Tire pressure light not turning off