Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Time change! Stock stereo

Old 03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time change! Stock stereo

Maybe someone can help.... tuner knob must be broken. It pushes in just fine to adjust the bass mid, ect..... but nothing when I turn it. Ive got to catch noon right on the dot so I can disconnect the battery and reset it at 1200 but havent got the chance. I dont want aftermarket. Anyone looking to get rid of their stock unit or have any pointers?
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Disregard reread your post assume you are talking from the setup menu
Old 03-13-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

yeah... its the right knob, pressing setup flashes the time so you can change it by turning the knob itself, pushing the knob changes it from hours to minutes. Im pretty sure the knob should click a little bit but it doesnt. It wont tune in a station either, I always have to use the scan button. Maybe the knob pulls off? Im not sure how but if it does i could probably try cleaning it with an alcahol q-tip er somethin'
Old 03-14-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Welp.... Disconnected battery at noon today. At least my time is right on now. Only problem I'm facing now is adjusting bass mid and treble. Ugh
Old 03-14-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would have left it and just did the math for time, besides come fall it would of been right again.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Push the time button in and hold for a few seconds on an 08 radio. The clock will show up. Next adjust hours by turning the right knob clockwise to spring forward. To change to minutes pushing right knob in changes hours to minutes.
Then go wheeling.

Quick Reply: Time change! Stock stereo