Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

"Ticking" noise, video inside. Also, pics of me stuck.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Ticking" noise, video inside. Also, pics of me stuck.

So, against my better judgement, I decided to take my jeep "mudding". It was more same water but a blast none the less. Since then my Jeep has picked up a tick, and it just won't go away. Can anyone give me ideas of what it is so I can fix it? I need to clean the engine still, I plan on spraying down the engine and parking it over the sprinkler which will hopefully get most of the dirt off.

Pics of me stuck because I'm a knucklehead.

Well the video can wait, but it sounds a lot like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-0YBlhJzXo&sns=em
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1551278955.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	554920   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2613512436.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	554921  
Old 05-23-2014, 03:19 AM
JK Newbie

Did you even check to see how deep that hole was first? And you at the minimum need better tires before doing a knucklehead stuntblike that again. Regarding the tick, which part of the jeep is it coming from? And in regards to washing it, you need to be careful. Too much pressure with the water and you could push water into electrical and other components that are not suppose to get water. Also, make sure the engine is completely cooled down otherwise you may damage you exhaust manifolds
Old 05-23-2014, 03:36 AM
JK Freak

Auto or Man? It doesn't sound quite like mine but my clutch ticks while tranny is in neutral and stops when I push the clutch in. I think a plate is getting stuck or something?
Old 05-23-2014, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wrubicon
Did you even check to see how deep that hole was first? And you at the minimum need better tires before doing a knucklehead stuntblike that again. Regarding the tick, which part of the jeep is it coming from? And in regards to washing it, you need to be careful. Too much pressure with the water and you could push water into electrical and other components that are not suppose to get water. Also, make sure the engine is completely cooled down otherwise you may damage you exhaust manifolds
We did check, it wasn't much more deep than what you see, but I didn't have momentum going in so I bogged down. It's coming from what sounds like the top or front of the engine, I haven't narrowed it down past that yet though. I know what normal belt noise is, so I can disregard that. Someone recommended a pressure washer, and I looked att them funny haha. Didn't know about cooling it down, I'll give it. Minute after I make a beer run, I've gotta crawl under it amd return my steering wheel to top dead center.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default thats the bad heads on the 2012 s and 13s

head cover on drivers side mine does this too ant millions but Chrysler wont fix it till it throws a code
Old 05-24-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update : noise is still there, but apparently stops when I push in my clutch.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a bad throw out bearing.

Quick Reply: "Ticking" noise, video inside. Also, pics of me stuck.