Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Thunk/clunk in the front end

Old 06-11-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunk/clunk in the front end

I feel a thunk/clunk in the front end, I feel it when just driving down a smooth road, mostly feel, no noise.
I also can feel it through the steering wheel if I move the wheel back and forth kinda quickly.

I checked and could not find anything loose on the front, any ideas?

I have a 3/4 in spacers up front, did not notice this until after the spacers were in about a month or so.
Thanks.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have the typical steering clunk many Jeep JK owners get. Could be caused by a number of weakenesses in the JK's front end. I recommend doing a search, you will find lots of advice. What fixed mine was a new intermediate shaft, box, and northridge bolt kit. Next stop will be better balljoints and a steering brace.

Link below - but there are many other good ones found on this site:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...ng-gear-boxes-
cause-clunk-139516/
Old 06-13-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had mine into the shop for an unrelated issue and asked them to look at a clunk from the front. Both sway bar links were loose. I'd start there

Quick Reply: Thunk/clunk in the front end