Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Throwout Bearing noise update

Old 02-16-2011, 03:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throwout Bearing noise update

I posted the other day about my squeak coming from my transmission (throwout bearing) I have a 2008 wrangler x with 18200 miles. And it just fell out of warranty the 2nd week in jan (sucks). So I called chrysler yesterday and talked to a lady that started a case for me. She was a very nice lady and told me to take my jeep to the dealer and have them look at it and she will follow up with them today, maybe I can get jeep to replace my tb and clutch assy. I will post back tonight with hopfully good news.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't try very hard but I was told that it's part of the clutch and only warranteed for 12 months. Good luck. I'll push for mine if you are successful!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Success

I got the clutch pack and throwout bearing and 1st and 2nd gear synqronizer all I have to pay is 250.00. I will def pay that versus 1500-2000 later. If you need the number to chrysler let me know and I will post it for you. They were very nice to deal with glad I bought a JEEP. Should get it back tomorrow or Monday. let you know how it all went.

Quick Reply: Throwout Bearing noise update