Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Throttle Position Sensor?

Old 10-12-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
I do have the Hypertech and it has made a huge improvement as it has given me more power and better throttle response, however it has not cured the "issue" at 1500 nor shuddering. Let me describe it better and see if this is the same thing you are talking about..

I will driving and when I let of the gas the RPM needle will drop and rest on 1500 RPMs, when I then go to apply throttle again sometimes it will shift fine, but other times it will get "stuck" at 1500 RPMs until I push the gas pedal down much further at which point it shoots to 3000 RPMs. Is this what you experience?
That is exactly what mine and the people I mention above does. Like Tinman said it depends on how fast you push the pedal as to how soon it shifts. When going up hills I have learned to give the throttle a quick pop to get it to downshift then just hold it steady where I had it to maintain a steady speed.

The only time mine bucks or what I would call a shudder is if I get stuck in a situation where someone in front on me is going slow. Someone is in the fast lane and I can't get over for a second. I have to let off the throttle for a second. It will upshift and if at the same time I am applying more power to accelerate back up in the other lane. It was shifting to OD at the same time I told it to shift back to 3rd and it doesn't like that too well. Not that any tranny does.

Last edited by derff96963; 10-12-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Throttle Position Sensor?