Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

For those running synthetic motor oil...

Old 04-06-2020, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by MountainTrails88
Asking for trouble if you wait till 6000. You change it when it starts to get dark.
Dark oil starts to thicken and becomes sticky. You don't want that inside your engine.
Have you had your used oil analyzed to see what's left of it in regards to protection for your engine? Everyone's operating conditions will differ but I run synthetic oil with Lucas at 10k mile intervals. I'm almost at 220k now and it runs just fine. I'm looking forward to many more miles out of it and continuing the process when I replace the motor.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MountainTrails88
Asking for trouble if you wait till 6000. You change it when it starts to get dark.
Dark oil starts to thicken and becomes sticky. You don't want that inside your engine.
Not good info ^^^^
Old 04-06-2020, 02:30 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

You guys talking about oil and I'm sitting here questioning Jack pulling up a thread from '08 and directing us to a link on first post.

Quick Reply: For those running synthetic motor oil...