Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Thinking about buying a jk

Old 02-16-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"You wouldn't understand, it is a Jeep thing"
"Only in a Jeep"
Once you buy one you will understand these sayings for the rest of your life. I have loved every Jeep I have owned, so has anybody who has been in them. Now a Rubicon with lift, tires and tons of extras.
"You can buy happiness, its called JEEP"
Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

I want to add to my previous post,,,, I bought the 2010 2dr Jeep just for a play toy to drive around town with the top down and parking it in the winter. I also have a 2007 Ford King Ranch F150 and BMW 1200 Adventure motorcycle. Guess what? I can't park the Jeep. My Ford has not been used for 8 weeks. I have been in the bush in the deep snow having a blast. Driving it all the time, I can't stop talking about it. I'm taken a driving trip in April to visit family in Mississippi. I'm driving the Jeep,,, Why? Not because I can, it's because I can't stand it if I leave her behind. No Regrets.....
Old 02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just sold my 99 2 month ago to get a 4 door. It was the best toy I ever owned. It's convertible that goes anyway and does everything. Go with the Rubi with the dual top option you will have no regrets You may want to wait till April. Last year Jeep offered 0% financing for 36 months My $.02
Old 02-16-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

I bought a new Rubicon 4 door.

I bought the freedom hrdtop and it came with the soft top too. So I have both.

Since I bought the Rubicon edition it comes with sway bar disconnects, axle lockers (E-Lockers) and 4.10 ring & pinion.

So now, I don't have to add these later. Save down time now and enjoy trails now and don't have to wait on a shopsome where to add these things later.

I am also happy with the remote start and DVD/Navigation package.

My 2 cents is at least get Rubicon with the 4.10 gears, e lockers, sway bar disconnects and 32" MT tires.

peace
Old 02-16-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

i noticed your nickname so i am assuming you had a h2 owner. i am on my second jeep and am a jeeper for life! having a fully capable off road vehicle AND a convertible is great. No other vehicle can say that! _ts truly an all season vehicle. I second the rubi but it isnt a must. i have seen plenty of bone stock jk's go places i never thought they could go!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

I own a JKU Sahara Mango Tango (super cool color) for a week now I drove a F-250 King Ranch before this and I love this Jeep it zips around turns on a dime the gas miles surprise me in a good way I can't wait to take the top off in the spring I got the 3 pc hard top. I'm 56 yrs old and hooked on this Jeep.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

I have had a 91 Cherokee I loved it and ya im selling my 2001 chevy 2500hd for the jeep so far I've seen two that I like one is a 10 and the outher is a 07 the 07 has less miles but are most of the bugs worked out in the newer ones and is the 6speed better than the auto

Last edited by Akgrown; 02-16-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by snowbilt
i noticed your nickname so i am assuming you had a h2 owner. i am on my second jeep and am a jeeper for life! having a fully capable off road vehicle AND a convertible is great. No other vehicle can say that! _ts truly an all season vehicle. I second the rubi but it isnt a must. i have seen plenty of bone stock jk's go places i never thought they could go!

Yes I formerly owned a H2.

Really liked it at first but that all changed later.

I am a Jeeper for life too now. It is unbelievable the amount of aftermarket companies and parts there are for a Jeep.

Plus they are easier to park and get into tighter trails and so forth.

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a jk