Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Think i got screwed

Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheeling it will just get you stuck. Use common sense, cut the top off, now it's similar.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i miss my rubydoo!!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeavyD
I took my Jeep in yesterday. I dont feel so bad now. I got a 08 Dodge Charger to wheel with. And with the suggestion of some fellow members. I took the day off from work and now im gonna go see what this thing can do!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HeavyD
I took my Jeep in yesterday. I dont feel so bad now. I got a 08 Dodge Charger to wheel with. And with the suggestion of some fellow members. I took the day off from work and now im gonna go see what this thing can do!
I tried to get a loaner from my dealer last month... I pointed out a few vehicles on the lot they could loan me... like a blue challenger, a black challenger, a red challenger, an orange challenger... they said "do you want your repairs done, or a ride home?" I had a friend get me

I really wanted the blue challenger... I even said "consider it a test drive..."
Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

ROAD TRIP
Old 03-11-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

My dealer gave me a rental when mine needed repair. They said it was a compact car. They gave me the keys and a shoe horn and said have a nice day.It was the kinda car if you get killed in they just bury you in it.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

I once read a story in National Lampoon by Dave Berry titled, "How to Drive Fast On Drugs While Getting Your WingWang Squeezed and Not Spill Your Drink"

In it he explained which car is best for the above situation. He says some people preferr a sports car, some people a sedan, some an auto some a stick.

He says a rental is best. Nothing handles better than a rental for going 60mph down a flight of church steps or going 100mph and slamming the car into reverse and cutting the wheel hard over. Or racing down railroad tracks just ahead of the Pacific Flyer.

He says driving a rental can be more fun than watching the entire Mexican Air Force crash landing into a liquidfied petroleum gas field.

You've got a rental have fun!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I swear no one wheels/beats a JK harder than jkkat.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

When mine went in I got a used car off the lot. Chevy Equinox IIRC. Kind of an odd vehicle, but it had SAT Radio and I could chirp the tires if I cut the wheel and gassed it. Could have been worse.

Brian
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just found out my Jeep Tech guy is also going to install my Tera Flex 2Lo kit while he has the transfer case out. WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And should be done by 5: pm

Quick Reply: Think i got screwed