Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Is there a better then stock Inner Axle Seal???

Old 09-17-2014, 01:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update for somebody that may stumble across this thread.
I emailed MoparOnlineparts. He said the AB part number was replaced with AC on all JK's.

I stayed with the AB's although the AC do seem better. Also have a flange to seat them perfectly.
What I don't understand. If the inner seal is supposed to lock on to the axle and spin within the outer .. What if the shafts had to be removed for service/u-joints/etc. The inner would come out with the shaft and you would have no way of knowing if it seated going back in.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 05-08-2015, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess not to many people have experience with the two piece design. I agree with you, if you remove the shaft you may not get them to mate during reassembly. I have inner tube sleeves that would strip the smaller diameter portion of the seal off the axle. I would need to pull the carrier out anytime I remove the axle. Also one would have to be very deliberate when sliding his axle into the housing. Even withdrawing the axle a 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch could separate the two parts of the seal. This all would be invisible to the installer until the new gear oil started flowing past.

Quick Reply: Is there a better then stock Inner Axle Seal???