Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

TF 1.5" vs Rubi 19 Fromt Springs

Old 04-15-2017, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the springs listed above. Side by side, they are the same height. The TF has 10 rings and the Rubi has 7. Since they are basically the same size and the the Rubi has less rings, does that mean it will compress more than the TF? I have a 2007 JKU Sahara with RR winch bumper, RR stinger, and Smittbuilt winch with the factory 17 springs. I want the original ride height or slightly more. I have the same springs on my stock 2010 JKU, there is about 1" drop in height. What are your suggestions and comments, thanks.

Last edited by OverKill; 04-15-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the compression but I would need more info to better answer your questions...
What are hoping to gain? Just height or better ride?
I went with stock JKU 19/60 swap and added 2" Teraflex leveling kit. Netted me about 2.5" all around but ended up settling down after a few months to closer to 2". My friend used Teraflex coils and his has not started to sag yet. Just something to think about.

Quick Reply: TF 1.5" vs Rubi 19 Fromt Springs