Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Taking the Hard Top Off and Getting a Soft Top

Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Taking the Hard Top Off and Getting a Soft Top

Hey everyone I am planning to take the hard top off the Jeep sometime soon and get a soft top and I had two questions

First off how many of you out there haven't broken the windshield washer fluid connector on the hard top? If so definitely give me some tips. After looking at it, I can definitely tell why I have heard so many stories of people snapping them off without much effort.

Secondly what soft top would everyone suggest? I will likely just go completely topless for a little while but since my JKU is the work horse of the house I will eventually need to get a soft top for hauling things during the summer. I was just going to get the bestop supertop until I read something in a post the other day about them being really leaky and does not fit nearly as well as the mopar soft top.

I am okay spending the extra money of the mopar but is it really that much better? I would definitely like to hear from those of you with the unlimited that tried or currently have the bestop supertop...

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hard top nipple thing for the fluid definitely looks like it wouldnt take much to brake it. I'm just usually really careful when I pull my hose off. Just make sure you pull straight off.

Since it has been getting warmer, I have been considering a soft top as well. They have been all over Craig's List so I would look there first. Just make sure you inspect before you buy. There are a bunch of deals where they are selling new in box stuff. The forums would be good for that too.

If you want something brand new, I would look into the Trek Top. At first I didn't like the slant back look but it has definitely grown on me.

Good Luck,
-Jon
Old 03-18-2010, 09:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked the for sale thread on this forum? I saw three or four Unlimited soft tops for sale on just the first page...

Quick Reply: Taking the Hard Top Off and Getting a Soft Top