Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Taking the doors off

Old 04-15-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MUD PLZ
Check this post out before you remove them!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ight=door+ding
Wish I had read that this morning.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
Let's see a pic of it in use
Will do but it may have to wait a bit. It was 30 degrees here this AM, supposed to be colder yet tonight. Not quite door off weather here yet but I will post a photo of them in use when the weather cooperates. The bolt is 3/8 inch and just drops into the hinge. You can tighten them as much as you want, they stay put in the wind very nicely. I originally made these up for our TJ and was pleased that they also fit the JK door hinge when we traded.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
Let's see a pic of it in use
I promised to post pics as soon as the weather cooperated. Here they are. I've got less than $10 invested in this setup. If you don't tighten it too tight it will swing away if hit with something but stays put in the wind. Works well, I used it on my TJ before the JK.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crazyboattower
When you take the strap thing off the hook thing, be careful not to let the door thing open to far or the mirror thing will hit the body thing and put a nice big dent thing in your new Jeep thing.
Just did this today when I put my doors back on. Damn wind caught it before I could attach the strap, and now the passender side cowel panel has a baseball sized dent... Guess time to make a trip to dent wizards...
Old 04-21-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

I don't mean to hijack this thread but it seems that the origional questions has been answered so here goes. I have asked this in other forums but am still having issues. I CAN NOT get my doors off... I remove the bolts, unhook electric, and unhock the straps. I attempt to lift door off and...nothing. I sprayed the hinges with WD-40 and nothing. I have heard people suggesting a jack to get them off, but I am very hesitant. Any other ideas? I was going to spray pb blaster on the hinges but I fear that I will start damaging the clear coat. Why are my doors so difficult? I appreciate any ideas. Sorry if I should have just started another thread.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by plk457
I don't mean to hijack this thread but it seems that the origional questions has been answered so here goes. I have asked this in other forums but am still having issues. I CAN NOT get my doors off... I remove the bolts, unhook electric, and unhock the straps. I attempt to lift door off and...nothing. I sprayed the hinges with WD-40 and nothing. I have heard people suggesting a jack to get them off, but I am very hesitant. Any other ideas? I was going to spray pb blaster on the hinges but I fear that I will start damaging the clear coat. Why are my doors so difficult? I appreciate any ideas. Sorry if I should have just started another thread.
Open the door about 3/4 of the way and slowly pull up while you open the door the rest of the way. Try that, and you shouldn't have any more problems.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jordo89
slide the little red thing over and press down of the button-y thing and pull.
Yea I was taking my doors off, on the last one(passenger rear), I was trying to slide the red tab over, and then it just flew off, into the interior space. It still clicks in with the other tab....
Old 04-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont drop the damn thing.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:52 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by karnuvore
[snip]Pissed me off even more that she was right.
..heard that.

I'd never hear the end of it.

Quick Reply: Taking the doors off