Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Taking the doors off.....

Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redmike
I have had mine on and off 50 times on my 2011. They stick pretty good the first time getting them off. I just put a bit of grease on them and it's cake now. I always roll the window down, grab the window frame with my hand and shoulder, then use the other hand to line up the hinges. That's the best way I have found so far that doesn't dent or scratch paint.
Exactly what I do. Works like a charm.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

get one of those swimming noodles, cut it in half then do a half depth slice along the length of each half. Put this on the bottom of each door after you take them off to help prevent paint chipping.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you put 'em back on, make SURE you line the posts with hinges properly and try to avoid getting one in and not the other. If you do this, you gotta be extra careful to lift it back up perfectly straight. I found out that I guess one of the posts bent a tad when I put them back on after last summer and had to use a jack to get it off...
Old 06-14-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default jonesing...

This thread has me itching to take em off. I am not planning to take ours off until a week from this Friday when I get the lift put on and hopefully the element doors will be in. Thanks for the noodle and grease advice. Newbie here probably would have never thought about it .
Not to jack the thread but does anyone have these door hangers? Are they a waste of money or a decent buy?
these

Quick Reply: Taking the doors off.....