Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

tailgate metal

Old 06-02-2007, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tailgate metal

i did a dumb thing today as i was removing the freedom tops with the tailgate wide open hanging under the garage door, we moved the sun visor over to allow this well my garage door opener thats clipped on the sunvisor must have pressed the button in the process somehow garage door came down on my tailgate and bent the left hand corner down like it was butter. i was thinking that was a dumb thing to do. got out my trusty pliers and went to work on it . it bent back up into position like i was bending tin foil ! wait it is tin foil. anyway it did a number on the paint causing it to crack up and start to peal . my solution was to go to local bait house pick up some frozen shrimp and hooks for some catfishing tonight and asked for a free fish decal to cover up my screw up, problem solved i figured if i do a stupid thing a stupid thing should fix it also. funny how things work out

Quick Reply: tailgate metal