Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: What Kind of Engine Oil do You Use for your V6 JK?
Synthetic
71.62%
Dino
24.32%
Indifferent
4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Synthetic Lubricants VS dino

Old 04-11-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll change every 6K. That's what the owner's manual says. Also, I had a chance to speak with a Chrysler field rep at the dealership the other day. He said that the Wrangler does not come with Synthetic from the factory. For what that's worth .
Old 04-11-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amsoil in everything
if it uses a liquid other than gas its amsoil
wow i cant wait till someone else post a thread on what oil

say what you want but in 30 months some lucky bastard is going to get my jeep and it will be clean unboogered and properly maintained and i will start over
woo hoo
Old 04-11-2008, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run Amsoil in my motorcycle and change it about 2 times a year...granted the MI riding season is pretty short unless you start when its cold and end when its cold
Old 04-11-2008, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by naplesrubicon
amsoil in everything
if it uses a liquid other than gas its amsoil
wow i cant wait till someone else post a thread on what oil

say what you want but in 30 months some lucky bastard is going to get my jeep and it will be clean unboogered and properly maintained and i will start over
woo hoo
+1 on Amsoil, been running it in everything since 1979, Two stokes, 4 stokes, bikes, cars, trucks, and soon to be in the Jeep. I have found nothing better,
My son ran his motorcycle out of watter and rode the bike for 100 hard miles home and it was so hot the the valve guide seals melted, the Stator coating melted and most all the seals melted, but the Cam, piston and cylinder still looked great, try that with Dino Oil, heck that thing had to get over 500 degrees to melt that stuff.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RonKZ650
I'm surprised most run synthetic. I always kind of thought synthetic oil was kind of along the same line as health foods, like sugar free, fat free etc. More people die from "being in good health" than any other cause of death. I have a motorcycle that went 165,000 miles on conventional oil, I'll just stick with what I trust. Guys on the motorcycle newsgroups always complain of recurring oil leaks after switching to synthetic also. Is this just another myth?
It's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. All in personal preference.

This past weekends Pep boys ad had an oil change special:

5qts Castrol GTX oil and a Filter for $6.99
5qts of Mobil 1 Synthetic and a Mobil 1 filter for $28.99

There's your major difference.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Your standard Dinosaur juice with 3000mile intervals. They made the jeep... I'll do what they want me to
Except they came from Crappler with semi-synthetic and that's what the dealer uses as well.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rwamf
+1 on Amsoil, been running it in everything since 1979, Two stokes, 4 stokes, bikes, cars, trucks, and soon to be in the Jeep. I have found nothing better,
My son ran his motorcycle out of watter and rode the bike for 100 hard miles home and it was so hot the the valve guide seals melted, the Stator coating melted and most all the seals melted, but the Cam, piston and cylinder still looked great, try that with Dino Oil, heck that thing had to get over 500 degrees to melt that stuff.
The 3 issues I have with SpamOil is 1) it isn't certified; 2) the company is set up like a pyramid scheme:; 3) its a lot more expensive the Mobil 1.

Quick Reply: Synthetic Lubricants VS dino