Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sway Bar Disconnect - Willys Wheeler

Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar Disconnect - Willys Wheeler

Trying to get a sway bar disconnect kit put on a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Willys Wheeler addition - stock (no lift). Dealing with 4 Wheel Parts and they ordered a Tera Flex model 1753010 - supposed to work on un-lifted jeep. 4 Wheel is telling me it will not fit without a 1 1/2" spacer on top of the coil. They are suggesting spacer just on the front which will be like a leveling kit - make front even with back - or could do both front and back.

I really want to keep stock and don't want to mess with the ride/handling etc. Will just the spacers screw up the handling? If not should i do front and back or just front?

Any suggestions/info appreciated. Not looking to lift etc. It is my wifes DD, we don't do a ton of off roading just few Jeep Jamborees. There were a couple of crawls at the last Jamboree we really struggled with and everyone one told us the sway bar disconnect would have really helped.

TIA.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A half inch hockey puck lift won't bother the jeep at all it usually takes a 2" or better to start problems
Old 03-20-2017, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I Believe the reasoning behind them telling you it won't fit is because the links look much longer compared to the stock length. That will cause your swaybar angle to be pointed pretty high up. I'm not going to speculate on what negative effects that will have perhaps you should reach out to Terraflex directly.....if it is a problem, I have seen adjustable length swaybar disconnect kits where are you could keep them short like stock and still be disconnectable.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

There's a quick pic I found on Google that might explain it better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3864597526.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	668743
Old 03-20-2017, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you don't want to lift you will just have to take the links off before going out. It's a longer process but no mods.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Disconnect - Willys Wheeler